Share the joy
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Si è chiusa con 200 milioni di euro ai lavoratori tedeschi la disputa tra la regione tedesca colpita dalla chiusura dello stabilimento Nokia e la società finlandese.

Reuters scriveva:
The German state of North Rhine-Westphalia told cellphone maker Nokia on Wednesday to give back subsidies of 41.3 million euros ($60.5 million) used in revamping a plant that it plans to close and the company said it was astonished by the call. Nokia’s plans to shut Germany’s last mobile telephone factory, in Bochum, and move production to Romania have created a storm of protests. The world’s largest handset maker says the plant is not competitive and has to be shut. The North Rhine-Westphalia Economy Ministry said earlier on Wednesday Nokia had to repay the subsidies used for changing a TV plant into a cellphone factory.

L’accordo è stato ora raggiunto:
The €200m package will see the Bochum factory shut down by 30 June, after which Nokia will establish a transfer company for affected staff for one year.

“As we said in January when we started the discussions about closing Bochum, Nokia has agreed on a fair and responsible social plan,” said Veli Sundbäck, executive vice president of Nokia and chairman of the Supervisory Board of Nokia in Germany. “We are well aware that closing the site is painful for all affected employees and their families. As we have clear responsibilities to our employees in this kind of difficult situation, it was our special concern from the start to compensate the loss of the jobs in a respectful and fair manner.”

Nonostante tutto però, la chiusura dell’impianto tedesco di Nokia avrà delle ricadute su tutto l’indotto: DHL lascerà a casa circa 230 persone da fine giugno, data di chiusura dello stabilimento.